Shopping and Dining: Within 3 miles are the towns of Castel Ritaldi, Moriano and La Bruna with each having a restaurant. A number of dining options and a supermarket are in Montefalco within a 10 minute drive.
Not To Be Missed:
- The town of Montefalco, known for its DOCG Sagrantino di Montefalco red wine has a museum dedicated to St. Francis housed in a 13th-century church containing a wall mural of twelve panels depicting his life.
- Spoleto's historic center with a number of architectural gems and Roman sites such as an amphitheatre from 2 AD, the Ponte delle Torri (a Roman aqueduct) and adjoining one of the town's art galleries are the remains of Casa Romana. This Roman home with mosaic floors and frescoes is believed to have been the house of the mother of Emperor Vespasian.
Public Transportation: Spoleto's train station is a 25 minute drive with service into Rome's Termini station leaving about every two hours with the journey taking 1 hour and 45 minutes. The last train returns from Rome at 10 pm. To visit Florence by public transit, drive two hours to San Giovanni Valdarno with service leaving about every 30 minutes into Florence's Santa Maria Novella station with the ride taking 40 minutes. The last train returns from Florence at 10:30 pm.
Golf: In Ellera Umbra, "Circolo Golf Perugia", an 18 hole course is an hour away and is open year round. Closed on Mondays.
- Montefalco Enological (Wine) Festival - A four day event starting on Thursday before the third Sunday in September with exhibitions in the center of Montefalco and many wineries hosting tastings and events at their location.
- In nearby Trevi, October is festival month: the 1st Sunday is the town's palio; the 3rd Sunday is a feast of Trevi's black celery and sausage and the 4th Sunday is a medieval food festival in the main square.
- In Foligno, the Giostra della Quintana is a knight jousting tournament with the 1st Challenge in June and the Counter Challenge taking place during the 2nd or 3rd week Sunday in September. The event includes food stalls and a parade of medieval costumes prior to the final joust.
- In Spoleto, the Festival of Two Worlds (Festival dei Due Mondi) is a two week event taking place from the end of June to the beginning of July with performers from all over the world in theatre, opera and dance.
- In Todi, the Italian Antique Exhibition takes place April 15 - May 1.
Market Days: Morning outdoor markets are held on Monday in Montefalco, on Tuesday in Perugia, on Wednesday in Spello and Spoleto, on Friday in Trevi and Spoleto and on Saturday in Assisi and Todi. An outdoor antique market comes to Spoleto every second Sunday of the month.